Update: NIAID has a nice table comparing the old and new peer review processes.
- 1-7 scoring scheme & structured summary statement will commence in May.
- All triaged/streamlined applications will receive a score (preliminary, not discussed).
- All “Early Stage Investigator” applications will be clustered for review.
- Only one amended application allowed (i.e., only A0 & A1 submissions – no A2)
- R01 applications shortened to 12 pages & realigned to match review criteria (ie, impact, investigator/s, innovation-originality, project plan-feasibility, environment) will commence in January.
- Shorten applications to other funding mechanisms based on 12-p R01 scale.
Under Consideration (no timeline)
- Separate percentiling of new and resubmitted applications.
- Cluster clinical research applications for review.